- 1 Granola Bar Elements
- 2 Combine-In Choices
- 3 Granola Bar Variations
- 4 Granola Bar Ideas
- 5 Straightforward No-Bake Granola Bars
Meet my favorite granola bar recipe. These granola bars are scrumptious and simple to make with fundamental pantry substances. You don’t even need to bake them! Easy No-Bake Granola Bars
These granola bars can go as a fast breakfast, they usually make an ideal snack. I like to pack these bars for street journeys and flights, and I like listening to from mothers who make these granola bars frequently for his or their children. They’re an enormous hit with all ages.
As you’ll see, the recipe is flexible, so you possibly can simply incorporate your favorite flavors, like nuts, chocolate, and dried fruit. You’ll discover my go-to flavorings within the recipe if you wish to observe my lead.
These granola bars have spared me from some hangry moments currently. They’re satisfying, simply candy-sufficient, and stick to me for a couple of hours. Granola bars to the rescue!
Granola Bar Elements
Old school oats or quick-cooking oats will work right here (steel-cut oats are not going to). Old school oats lend an extra chewy, “rustic” texture. Fast-cooking oats disappear extra into the bars. If desired, you possibly can briefly blitz old-school oats within the meals processor to attain the feel of quick-cooking oats.
Combine-ins of your alternative
Right here’s the place we add extra taste! See under for choices.
Nut butter helps maintain these bars collectively and gives protein, wholesome fats, and fiber. You may use peanut butter, almond butter, and even pecan butter. For a nut-free possibility, sunflower butter will work.
Honey or maple syrup
These pure sweeteners additionally assist bind the bars collectively and make these bars deliciously candy (although not too candy). Or, make date paste from recent Medjool dates. Dates supply further fiber, whereas honey or maple syrup don’t. See the recipe notes for particulars.
Cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract
These add additional taste to your bars. Technically, you may omit all or any of those, however, the bars are extra attractive with them. Salt enhances the flavor of all the opposite substances—lower it in half for those who’re delicate to salt.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE GRANOLA BARS
Two cups of mix-ins add taste, texture, and extra vitamins. Select from any mixture of the next:
- Nuts: Pecans, walnuts, almonds, or peanuts would all work nicely.
- Seeds: Pepitas (inexperienced pumpkin seeds) or sunflower seeds are good choices. You may use as much as 1/4 cup flax seeds or chia seeds—these seeds take up moisture, which is why I counsel limiting the amount.
- Chocolate: Mini chocolate chips are cute. If utilizing common chocolate chips or roughly chopped chocolate, blitz them for a couple of seconds within the meals processor to interrupt them into smaller items. Since chocolate is nice, restrict it to three/4 cup or much less.
- Coconut: Shredded or flaked coconut will work right here. Unsweetened is finest, since these are bars are candy sufficient as is.
- Dried fruit: Dried cranberries, cherries, raisins, apricots, and so on. Since these are candy, restrict them to three/4 cup or much less. Any fruit bigger than a raisin will should be damaged up a bit extra—both within the meals processor or chopped by hand.
Granola Bar Variations
Listed below are some variations on this granola bar recipe that I’ve provided you with overtime. I like all of them!
- All Pecans: You need to use use 2 cups pecans as your mix-ins, and you may even make pecan nut butter to match (right here’s my recipe for pecan butter). Nut lovers, this could work with walnuts (presumably) or almonds, too.
- Almond Chocolate Chip: Use sliced almonds and mini chocolate chips, or blitz entire almonds and chocolate chips within the meals processor earlier than utilizing.
- Almond Coconut: Use equal elements almonds and coconut flakes or shredded coconut.
- Cranberry Orange: Use a mix of dried cranberries, pecans, pepitas and recent orange zest. Since this variation comprises numerous dried fruit, it’s the sweetest of all of them.
Granola Bar Ideas
These granola bars are fairly easy to make, particularly if in case you have a food processor (affiliate hyperlink).
Chop up your substances, if massive.
These bars maintain collectively finest when the substances are fairly small. If utilizing almonds, you’ll need to both begin with pre-sliced almonds, or chop them up within the meals processor or by hand (identical goes for all nuts). It’s simple to throw your entire mix-ins into the meals processor and blitz a couple of occasions. Easy No-Bake Granola Bars
Press the combination down as firmly as evenly as doable.
Air pockets will trigger issues. Use a sturdy, flat-bottomed jar to verify the combination is pressed down utterly. You may then press down together with your fingers to make sure it’s not attempting to sneak up the edges or corners.
Let the combination relaxation for one hour or longer earlier than utilizing.
The oats want a while to take in the moisture within the nut butter and sweetener. Chill the combination for a minimum of one hour (or so long as a day) earlier than slicing.
Slice and retailer correctly.
Use a pointy chef’s knife to slice these bars. I prefer to slice them into squares. Another choice could be to slice them into bars like this. I feel the squares are just a little extra sturdy. Make certain to not stack the bars on high of one another, or they’ll stick. You may retail them flat, coated, or wrap them individually in plastic wrap or parchment paper.
Please let me know the way your granola bars prove within the feedback! I like listening to you.
Straightforward No-Bake Granola Bars
- Writer: Cookie and Kate
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Complete Time: 20 minutes (plus 1-hour chill time)
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Class: Snack
- Methodology: No-bake
- Delicacies: American
- Food plan: Gluten Free
4.9 from 136 critiques
This granola bar recipe is really easy and scrumptious! These healthful granola bars are naturally sweetened, gluten free, and the proper wholesome snack. Recipe yields 16 bars.SCALE1X2X3X
- 1 ¾ cups old school oats or quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon advantageous sea salt (if utilizing common desk salt, reduce a bit)
- 2 cups mix-ins* (nuts, seeds, chocolate, shredded coconut or dried fruit)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-inch sq. baker with two strips of criss-crossed parchment paper, lower to suit neatly in opposition to the bottom and up the edges. The parchment paper will make it simple so that you can slice the bars later.
- Place the oats in a big mixing bowl**. Add the cinnamon and salt, and stir to mix. Put aside.
- Now we’ll blitz the mix-ins briefly within the meals processor or blender (or, you possibly can chop them by hand). Add any massive nuts (like almonds or pecans) first and blitz for a couple of seconds. Then add the remaining and run the machine for a couple of extra seconds, till the substances are all damaged up into items smaller than your pinky nail. Pour the mix-ins into the bowl of oats.
- In a 2-cup liquid measuring cup, measure out the nut butter. Prime with ½ cup honey and the vanilla extract. Stir till nicely blended. Should you should, you possibly can gently heat the liquid combination on the stovetop or within the microwave, however be certain it’s near room temperature earlier than you pour it into the dry combination (that is particularly necessary if utilizing chocolate, since it’ll soften).
- Pour the liquid substances into the dry substances. Use an enormous spoon to combine them collectively till the 2 are evenly mixed and no dry oats stay. This takes some arm muscular tissues, however you are able to do it! If the combination was simple to combine collectively, that’s an indication that it’s essential add some extra oats—sprinkle in additional oats till you possibly can’t incorporate any extra.
- Switch the combination to the ready sq. baker. Use your spoon to rearrange the combination pretty evenly within the baker, then use the underside of a flat, spherical floor (like a brief, sturdy consuming glass) to pack the combination down as firmly and evenly as doable.
- Cowl the baker and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour, or ideally in a single day. (The oats want time to take in a number of the moisture in order that they aren’t sticky.) Once you’re able to slice, elevate the bars out of the baker by grabbing each items of parchment paper on reverse corners. Use a pointy knife to slice the bars into 4 even columns and 4 even rows.
- Wrap particular person bars in plastic wrap or parchment paper (for those who retailer all of them collectively, they’ll stick to at least one one other). Bars maintain nicely for a number of days at room temperature, a few weeks within the fridge, or a number of months in a freezer-safe bag within the freezer for finest taste. Easy No-Bake Granola Bars
*MIX-IN OPTIONS: Any mixture of nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, and so on.), seeds (pepitas or sunflower seeds), chocolate chips or roughly chopped chocolate, shredded coconut, and/or dried cranberries or cherries. For the bars proven right here, I used 1 cup pecan halves, ½ cup pepitas, ¼ cup shredded coconut and ¼ cup roughly chopped darkish chocolate. Understand that something bigger than your pinky nail will be damaged into smaller items. Should you don’t have a meals processor, chop them by hand.
**GRANOLA BAR TEXTURE: Should you’re utilizing old school oats and would favor an extra clean, much less chewy texture (proven in my photographs), blitz your oats in a meals processor for 3 to five seconds to interrupt them up. Then, add them to the bowl.
CHANGE IT UP: These bars will be sweetened (principally) with Medjool dates, for those who’d like to extend the fiber content material. Soak 12 dates in piping scorching water for 10 minutes, then tear them in half and take away their pits. Place them in a meals processor with 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey and mix till utterly clean. Easy No-Bake Granola Bars
MAKE IT GLUTEN FREE: You’ll want to use licensed gluten-free oats.
MAKE IT NUT FREE: Don’t use nuts (pepitas and sunflower seeds are good choices) and change the nut butter with sunflower butter.
MAKE IT VEGAN: Use maple syrup as a substitute of honey.