- 1 Wholesome Granola Elements
- 2 Chunky Granola Ideas
- 3 Granola Variations
- 4 Wholesome Granola
Do you like granola? Me, too! At this time, I’m sharing my “primary” granola recipe, which can be the perfect granola recipe. Granted, I’m partial, but it surely actually is perfect and I take advantage of that time period sparingly. Over 200 five-star critiques agree! The Very Best Granola
In actual fact, I like this recipe a lot that I shared it in my cookbook, Love Real Food. This granola makes an exquisite snack or breakfast (add your milk of selection and possibly some contemporary fruit). It additionally shops fantastically, so it makes an amazing homemade reward.
When you strive for homemade granola, you gained’t return to store-bought granola. It’s so significantly better!
This granola recipe can be a much more wholesome granola choice because it’s made with entire grains, unrefined oil, and naturally sweetened. You simply can’t beat freshly baked granola full of scrumptious and good-for-you substances.
Plus, homemade granola is tremendously simple to make. You’ll solely want one bowl and a few primary pantry substances. Able to make some?
WATCH HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY GRANOLA
Now that you’ve got my base recipe, you may mess around with the mix-ins and spices to make it your favorite granola.
By the best way, you may protect that freshly baked taste by storing this granola within the freezer. Simply let it heat to room temperature for a couple of minutes, and revel in.
Wholesome Granola Elements
Coronary heart-healthy, hearty, whole-grain old-style oats maintain their form throughout baking. Make sure to use licensed gluten-free oats in the event you want gluten-free granola.
Nuts and/or Seeds
I used pecans and pepitas (inexperienced pumpkin seeds) to make this batch. Different choices embody walnuts, that are wealthy in Omega-3s, entire or slivered almonds, cashews, peanuts, pistachios, macadamia nuts, and sunflower seeds.
Oil helps make this granola crisp and irresistible. I favor unrefined coconut oil, which is scrumptious (you may barely style the coconut, if in any respect) and produces the right texture.
You should utilize extra-virgin olive oil as a substitute, in the event you’d like your granola to be somewhat extra on the savory facet. If you happen to’re watching your saturated fats consumption, olive oil is a more sensible choice! The Very Best Granola
I like utilizing actual maple syrup in my granola. Honey works nice, too. As a bonus, these pure sweeteners infuse your granola extra-delicious taste that sugar wouldn’t.
Salt and Spice
For flavorful granola, don’t skip the salt! Too little and your flavors gained sing. I favor utilizing fine-grain sea salt on this one (I at all times prepare dinner with fine-grain sea salt), however common salt will do, too (simply use rather less).
I added cinnamon to this batch for some delicate warming spice. Floor ginger (use half as a lot) and pumpkin spice blends are different choices.
Dried fruit lends some further sweetness, chewy texture, and irresistible fruity taste. I used dried cranberries for this batch. I additionally love tart dried cherries, raisins, and chopped dried apricots.
For contemporary citrus taste, stir contemporary citrus zest (as much as 2 teaspoons) into the combination earlier than baking. I like including orange zest, specifically.
You’ll be able to add chocolate chips after the granola has utterly cooled (in any other case, they’ll soften).
If you happen to like so as to add unsweetened coconut flakes, you may add it midway by baking for completely toasted outcomes (see recipe word).
Chunky Granola Ideas
A few of you, like me, love massive clumps in your granola. Listed below are my tricks to attaining the perfect clumps:
- Your oats have to be somewhat crowded within the pan to allow them to stick collectively, however not so crowded that they don’t toast evenly. I like to recommend utilizing a primary half sheet pan (affiliate hyperlink) for this granola recipe. It’s the right measurement and the rimmed edges make sure that no granola falls overboard.
- Make sure to line the pan with parchment paper so the sweetener sticks to your oats relatively than the pan.
- For most clumps, gently press down on the granola with the again of a spatula after stirring the combination on the half-way baking level. Then put the pan again into the oven to complete baking.
- Don’t bake the granola too lengthy—simply till it’s flippantly golden on prime, as described. It won’t seem to be it’s executed but, however it should proceed to crisp up because it cools. Over-baking the granola appears to interrupt the sugar bonds.
- Lastly, let the granola cool utterly earlier than breaking it up. I’ve even left it on the pan in a single day, coated.
Even with all these strategies in place, I often find yourself with a batch of granola that isn’t as clumpy as my others, for causes that I can’t clarify. It’s at all times scrumptious, although!
This recipe is my favorite, go-to granola recipe. Over time, I’ve performed around with it to create a bunch of enjoyable variations. Right here they’re for inspiration:
- Orange and Almond Granola: This recipe consists of orange zest (2 teaspoons), entire almonds and golden raisins.
- Triple Coconut Granola: This recipe requires coconut oil, massive coconut flakes and shredded coconut.
- Cranberry Orange Granola: This recipe is sort of just like this one, however somewhat sweeter and stuffed with vibrant orange taste.
- Honey Almond Granola: Simply what it appears like, plus chopped dried apricots! Pleasant.
- Gingerbread Granola: This granola consists of molasses and further warming spices, plus coconut flakes, dried cranberries and chopped candied ginger.
Please let me understand how this recipe seems for you within the feedback! I like listening to from you and hope this granola recipe turns into your new favorite.
- Creator: Cookie and Kate
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 21 minutes
- Complete Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: 8 cups 1x
- Class: Breakfast
- Methodology: Baked
- Delicacies: American
This scrumptious wholesome granola recipe is of course sweetened with maple syrup (or honey). It’s made with oats, coconut oil and your favorite nuts and fruit. Make it your individual! Recipe yields about 8 cups of granola, sufficient for about 16 half-cup servings.SCALE1X2X3X
- 4 cups old style rolled oats (use licensed gluten-free oats for gluten-free granola)
- 1 ½ cup uncooked nuts and/or seeds (I used 1 cup pecans and ½ cup pepitas)
- 1 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt (in the event you’re utilizing normal desk salt, cut back to ¾ teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon floor cinnamon
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup dried fruit, chopped if massive (I used dried cranberries)
- Completely non-compulsory further mix-ins: ½ cup chocolate chips or coconut flakes*
- Preheat oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit and line a big, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a big mixing bowl, mix the oats, nuts and/or seeds, salt and cinnamon. Stir to mix.
- Pour within the oil, maple syrup and/or honey and vanilla. Combine effectively, till each oat and nut is flippantly coated. Pour the granola onto your ready pan and use a big spoon to unfold it in an excellent layer.
- Bake till flippantly golden, about 21 to 24 minutes, stirring midway (for extra-clumpy granola, press the stirred granola down together with your spatula to create a extra even layer). The granola will additional crisp up because it cools.
- Let the granola cool utterly, undisturbed (at the least 45 minutes). High with the dried fruit (and non-compulsory chocolate chips, if utilizing). Break the granola into items together with your fingers if you wish to retain massive chunks, or stir it round with a spoon in the event you don’t need extra-clumpy granola.
- Retailer the granola in an hermetic container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks, or in a sealed freezer bag within the freezer for as much as 3 months. The dried fruit can freeze strong, so let it heat to room temperature for five to 10 minutes earlier than serving. The Very Best Granola
Recipe tailored Meg Gordan’s granola, which I’ve tweaked through the years.
MAKE IT GLUTEN FREE: Make sure to use licensed gluten-free oats.
MAKE IT NUT FREE: Use seeds, like pepitas or sunflower seeds, as a substitute of nuts.
*IF YOU WANT TOASTED COCONUT IN YOUR GRANOLA: Stir the coconut flakes into the granola midway by baking. They’ll get good and toasty that means.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: This granola is superior by itself, with milk or yogurt and contemporary fruit, and you may even throw a pair of handfuls right into a salad for granola “croutons.”
▸ NUTRITION INFORMATION
The knowledge proven is an estimate supplied by an internet vitamin calculator. It shouldn’t be thought-about an alternative to a knowledgeable nutritionist’s recommendation. See our full nutrition disclosure here.https://nutrifox.com/embed/label/14891